Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The operating room

Of all the rooms in our house, my favorite is the garage (of course it is...) The garage is freakishly deep for a late 50's house. You can easily fit two cars nose to tail on each side with plenty of room to spare. That basically makes it a four car garage. It's really well lit with several large flourescent lights, plenty of power outlets and a small side area with a workbench and room for shelves. After meeting one of my neighbors, it turns out that the 2nd owner of the house was a sprint car racer, and had his shop in the back of the garage. Cool huh? I did a little poking around and found a gas line from the main part of the house to the back of the garage for gas heat. It's my dream shop!!

Time for a tour...

This is the garage at the start of the project before the blue car arrived. I've got a lot of stuff piled up in the foreground, but I can actually park another car next to the Volvo.















Here's a lame "pan" of the rear part of the garage I'm too lazy to actually stitch them together - the shop is over to the left





Here's the workbench area of the shop (obscured in the first picture above)



So, that's where all the work will happen. Plenty of room right? We'll see...

No comments: