Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Street Car

The Street Car

This is the frame and body that will make up my new race car. It's certainly no show car. It's full history is unknown to me, but it's clearly been sitting outside for quite some time. It was a daily driver in Ohio and has obviously seen several salty winters. All of the suspension fasteners are very rusty, it's got 168,000+ miles and an engine described vaguely as "blown".
To add to the charm, someone has already torn into the engine with reckless abandon and at least one utility knife as every hose you can reach in the engine compartment has been hacked in half.
Inside, it appears that the previous owner drove everywhere shaking an open soda can - pretty nasty.

I'll let the pictures tell the story:


What a looker, huh?

HOT!

Uhhhhhh....where's the rest of the dashboard?

In the trunk of course! What's that thing on the left?
It appears to be a fuzzy shower cap covered in mouse poop. I think I'll burn it to be safe.


At least he took care of the pedals

PEEKABOO!!


I've got my work cut out for me as you can see....

No comments: