Tuesday, November 6, 2007

State of the shop

Another non-car related post. I've been busy and or sick for the last couple of weeks, so very little has been done to the car. Fall is here and we've once again realized the penalty for all those nice trees. In the old neighborhood we could simply rake all the leaves to the curb. Not in the new neighborhood. No...I get to fill up thousands of those stupid leaf bags. Even in my silly little suburban lot, just raking out my flower-beds and some of the heavier areas of the yard can fill 20+ bags and take the better part of 6 hrs.

Since the shop hasn't been used for car building, it's become a haven for things that were just "in the way" somewhere else. In other words - my shop is full of crap and is completely useless until I clean it. And frankly, it's too cold out there. I haven't quite accepted the weather change yet, so I'd much rather goof around with my kid and hang out in front of the fireplace than put on some stinky coveralls and wait for my puny kerosene heater to heat the place up so I can clean the shop.

And that's why it looks like this:


No comments: